CFL Bulb Eater
REQUEST FOR A QUOTATION TODAY
Type Bulb Eater®, CFL Premium
Capacity of 4' T12 Lamps1 875
Capacity of 4' T12 U-Tube Lamps1 450
Capacity of 4' T17 Lamps1 300
Capacity of 4' T8 Lamps1 1,350
Capacity of 8' T12 Lamps1 400
Capacity of CFLs1 3,000
Crushes Straight Lamps and CFLs
Includes CFL Entry Tube Chute, T12 Entry Tube, Filter Combo Kit, Spinner Assembly and Carbon Filter, Drum Not Included
Material of Construction Steel, Plastic and Rubber
While a few lamp recycling facilities have trouble processing crushed lamps, the lamp recycling facilities within the lamps4u recycling program not only process the lamps, but are able to process the lamps more efficiently pre-crushed. Because of this, lamps4u is able to offer some of the lowest crushed lamp recycling rates in the country.
The Bulb Eater® Lamp Crusher
• Crushes straight lamps of any length
• Crushes u-tube lamps (model VRS-U only)
• Crushes a 4-foot fluorescent lamp in 1 second
• Reduce labor by up to 20 hours per 1,000 lamps
• Save up to 50% on recycling costs
• Minimize storage space by up to 80% with lamp crusher
• The most fun you can have disposing of lamps!
Did You Know?
• Awarded “Top 100 Product” by Buildings Magazine
• Named Reader’s Choice “Product of the Year” by Today’s Facility Manager Magazine
• Seen on the cover of The Wall Street Journal
• Currently over 10,000 Bulb Eaters in use worldwide
• New CFL Crushing Model now available! Call for more information
*The Bulb Eater is intended for on-site crushing of lamps generated from the same location.
*Plastic-coated shatterproof lamps cannot be crushed in the Bulb Eater.
• Eliminate storage hassles - Reduce your needed storage space for lamps by crushing up to 1350 T8 4’ lamps per 55-gallon drum (The Bulb Eater® lamp crusher crushes all length lamps, see a picture to better visualize size reduction).
• Reduce handling - Handle your spent bulbs once. Simply roll your Bulb Eater® lamp crushing system on a 55-gallon drum dollie (sold separately) to the work area or into a storage area. Save roughly 20 hours of labor per 1000 lamps by crushing rather than boxing the lamps!
• Safer work environment - EPA studies show an estimated 2-3% accidental breakage rate while boxing lamps prior to pickup. The 0.001% emission rate from the Bulb Eater® lamp crushing system provides for less mercury vapor emission. Your workers are not only safer, but your liability is reduced!
• Cut costs - By pre-crushing the lamps, facilities are able to save money on their lamp recycling costs.
The Bulb Eater® Lamp Crusher crushes spent fluorescent lamps of any length into 100% recyclable material while capturing over 99.99% of the vapors released. The system, which is mounted to a 55-gallon container, can hold up to 1350 4-foot fluorescent lamps.
The lamp crusher unit is equipped with a side-mounted dust filter unit containing the highest quality H.E.P.A. filter available. This works in conjunction with an activated carbon filter located in the steel canister. The activated carbon filter actively captures and neutralizes the mercury vapor released from the lamps during crushing. A recent study showed non-detectable levels of escaped mercury vapor even after crushing 1500 lamps. A new safety control panel has also been added, giving the operator added security by monitoring seven aspects of the machine to better ensure operator safety.
In addition to providing EPA and OSHA compliance, the Bulb Eater® lamp crusher frees up valuable storage space normally filled with boxes of spent whole lamps, reduces handling and related labor costs, and typically cuts recycling costs by 50% or more.